I had last weekend all planned out. On Halloween  I was going with a party with a friend which she promised would be interesting if nothing else and Saturday night I was going to party the night away with a few friends from The Stoop.

The Hallows Eve shin dig turned out to be one of those classy diner parties with an eclectic mix of people, including German travelers, Russians, English, Old Hollywood folks, teachers and magazine editors. *points to self*

Unfortunately, as soon as it was over and I returned home, I felt a tinge of fever coming on.

No, please…no…

It was already too late. When I woke up the next morning, I had a fever of 102° and was in full blown, it’s time to stay my ass in the bed mode. I knew I was going to be down for a few days; but I had no idea. One day of sickness blurred into the next and before I knew it, it was Monday and I decided it was probably best for me to go to the Dr.

Funnily enough, I didn’t go to the Dr for the high fever that I hadn’t been able to kick for three days but rather for the strange itchiness I had developed on my legs. The Dr of course, being the good medical professional he was, took one look at the temperature on the chart and went to trying to figure out exactly what the infection was that my body was fighting with this mysterious fever. He diagnosed me as "probably" suffering with a sinus infection and sent me home with a prescription for antibiotics and an order to stay in bed for the next couple of days.

By Wednesday I woke up feeling relatively strong and decided I would go to work. But by noon, I was beginning to crash, and I knew I wasn’t going to make it to the end of the day. Apparently my boss could see that I wasn’t doing so well either. He kept asking if I was ok and despite my saying yes, yes, yes…I soooooo was not.

But I hated missing work! *cries*

I put my pride aside and finally asked him if I could take the rest of the day off. Wouldn’t ya know, he seemed relieved that I had asked and when I suggested that I would be back in the next day he looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I don’t think you should come in tomorrow either," he said sternly.

I sighed and looked at my computer. "Well, if I could work from home…"

"Great idea!" He said before I could finish my sentence. "All you need is access to the website and the spreadsheets."

It was settled. And as I prepped my work for the next day, he and the EinC started shooing me out the door.

"You’re not gone yet? Kimberlee, go home already."

I went home, ate some soup and crashed into my bed until noon the next day. I guess I needed it. I woke up refreshed, hungry and aware that I needed to get some work done; in awe at how lucky I was to be able to work from home on my sick day. I reveled in it with productivity and returned to work on Friday in full health.

Maybe I should have just listened to the Dr in the first place. LOL